How Many Linear Feet of Fencing Does My Property Require?
AVO’s unique Measure My Yard Calculator is a quick, easy way to get a rough measurement of your property perimeter. This is very handy when you submit a Request for Quote for products in our online catalog because if you include the linear feet of fencing that you need, it will us help get your quote to you a lot faster!
Simply follow the directions below to determine the approximate number of linear feet of fencing your property requires.
- First, locate your property, by typing its address into the “Property Address” box at the top of the map. Zoom in until you have a clear aerial view of the area you’d like to fence.
- Right-click on the map at the desired starting point for your fence, and then click on the intended corners to extend the lines.
- Click again on the starting point to close-out the measurement and determine the approximate number of linear feet you need to fence your yard.
- Click and drag to adjust any line, or right-click to “Clear Measurement” if you need to start over.
- Numbers for total distance and total area will appear. Copy these numbers so you can provide them to AVO when you submit a request for quote.
How to determine Linear Feet on a mobile device:
Fencing is generally measured in Linear Feet. Knowing how many linear feet you need when you submit a request for quote will help us get you fit to fence, fast! If you are on a mobile device, simply follow the directions below to measure the approximate number of linear feet of fencing your property requires.
Step 1: Add the first point
- On your phone or tablet, open the Google Maps app (android | iOS)
- Use the “search” function to find the location you wish to fence
- Touch the “map type” button under the search box, and select “satellite”, then close the menu.
- Touch and hold anywhere on the map. You’ll see a red pin appear.
- At the bottom, tap the name of the place.
- On the place’s page, scroll down and choose Measure distance.
- Zoom in until you have a good view of your property.
Step 2: Add the next point or points
- Move the map so that the black circle, or crosshairs, is on the next point you want to add.
- At the bottom right, tap Add .
- Add points until you’re done.
Step 3: Get the distance
- At the bottom, you’ll see the total distance. If the distance is not in feet, zoom in further.
- Optional: To remove the last point you added, tap Undo . To clear all points: At the top right, tap More Clear.
- When done, tap the back arrow in the top left.