How Many Linear Feet of Fencing Does My Property Require?
AVO’s Property Perimeter Calculator app is a quick, easy way to get a measurement of your property perimeter. When you submit a Request for Quote for products in our online catalog you can include the linear feet you determine here, which will help us get the quote to you fast!
Simply follow the directions below to determine the approximate number of linear feet of fencing your property requires.
- First, locate your property, by typing its address into the “Property Address” box at the top of the map. Zoom in until you have a clear aerial view of the area you’d like to fence.
- Right-click on the map at the desired starting point for your fence, and then click on the intended corners to extend the lines.
- Click again on the starting point to close-out the measurement and determine the approximate number of linear feet you need to fence your yard.
- Click and drag to adjust any line, or right-click to “Clear Measurement” if you need to start over.
- Numbers for total distance and total area will appear. Copy these numbers so you can provide them to AVO when you submit a request for quote.
How to determine Linear Feet on a mobile device:
Fencing is generally measured in Linear Feet. Knowing how many linear feet you need when you submit a request for quote will help us get you fit to fence, fast! If you are on a mobile device, simply follow the directions below to measure the approximate number of linear feet of fencing your property requires.
Step 1: Add the first point
- On your phone or tablet, open the Google Maps app (android | iOS)
- Use the “search” function to find the location you wish to fence
- Touch the “map type” button under the search box, and select “satellite”, then close the menu.
- Touch and hold anywhere on the map. You’ll see a red pin appear.
- At the bottom, tap the name of the place.
- On the place’s page, scroll down and choose Measure distance.
- Zoom in until you have a good view of your property.
Step 2: Add the next point or points
- Move the map so that the black circle, or crosshairs, is on the next point you want to add.
- At the bottom right, tap Add .
- Add points until you’re done.
Step 3: Get the distance
- At the bottom, you’ll see the total distance. If the distance is not in feet, zoom in further.
- Optional: To remove the last point you added, tap Undo . To clear all points: At the top right, tap More Clear.
- When done, tap the back arrow in the top left.